AFCPE® members include a diverse network of financial professionals, including educators, counselors, coaches, private practitioners, interest organizations and government officials — all collaborating to advance the field.
Membership benefits include:
- A strong network of colleagues
- Member-only discounts on professional development, the AFCPE Annual Symposium and Career Center job postings
- Access to the MentorConnect program
- Opportunities for award recognition and grant funding
- Access to all publications: Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning (two issues per year) and The Standard quarterly newsletter
- Access to the Member Monthly Minute email news blast
- Access to the FPA Connect community
- Use of the AFCPE Member logo
AFCPE membership and certification are completely separate divisions of the organization. While membership offers additional benefits to our certified professionals and provides a community for them to network and share best practices, certification is not required. However, if you are interested in also becoming certified, please visit the Certification section of the website.Become a Member Now
Four Types of Membership
For the individual professional.
You must currently be enrolled in one of AFCPE’s certification programs.
You must be studying full time at the undergraduate or graduate level in a related field or interest of personal finance, counseling or education. Full-time status will be defined by your current college or university. Unofficial transcripts will be required.
For AFCPE members at full retirement age (as defined by the SSA) and in good standing for 10 or more years.
Contact Katie Tornow for details.
Please note that certification is not necessary for membership and, conversely, that certification does not include membership. If you are interested in becoming certified, please visit the Certification Center.
Here’s what people are saying about our AFCPE® membership.
Membership allows me to access a network of financial professionals to guide and direct me in my career. Each interaction helps me grow both personally and professionally!
Krista Nowak, NEED TITLE
Membership in AFCPE provides a network of the latest research, tips and techniques to promote in assisting my clients.
Jerry Buchko, AFC, AFCPE